Library Documentation

May 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM

I think it will really be cool to have a library/API documentation for the Umbrella library. Usage samples on sites are cool but not enough as not all capabilities of library are shown in sample and snippet not fully workable as required namespaces are missing.

Apr 26, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I agree. This library really needs documentation... an overview of the different types of pieces, class summaries, and rationales for the existence of each class and interface.

I started writing my own library similar in spirit to this one--tentatively named Loyc.Essentials. Mine will have documentation for all classes, if not all methods, and I'll put up an article on CodeProject too. If the author is interested, we could merge the two projects.

Mine will be divided into at least two pieces, one small DLL for interfaces and small, core functionality, and another DLL for larger classes. My library focuses on math and collection types, plus importing features from .NET 4 to .NET 2.0-3.5, and miscellaneous other things. My library will have a particular emphasis on performance-enhancing data types. I hope to put a mini-logging library and a mini-unit test library in it to; I'm not sure yet how to do the unit testing part (given my goal: make it in some way compatible with at least one existing unit test library, without requiring a reference to that library).